These letters in our fish A-Z didn’t have all that many varieties of fish associated with them, so we have popped them all together into one post. We’ve included the common names and scientific names as usual and there are a range of freshwater and saltwater fish.
If we’ve missed any fish that start with Q, U or X from our lists, then please pop us a comment below so we can add them in.
We hope you’ve been enjoying our fishy alphabet and have found some really cool fish for your aquarium. Now, on with the very short lists…
Fish that Start with Q
Freshwater fish beginning with Q
- Queen Danio (Devario regina)
- Quillback (Carpiodes cyprinus)
Saltwater fish beginning with Q
- Queen Parrotfish (Scarus vetula)
- Queen Triggerfish (Balistes vetula)
- Quillfish (Ptilichthys goodei)
Fish that Start with U
Freshwater fish beginning with U
- Uaru (Uaru fernandezyepezi)
- Upside-Down Catfish (Synodontis nigriventris)
Saltwater fish beginning with U
- Unicorn Fish (Naso brevirostris)
Fish that Start with X
Freshwater fish beginning with X
- X-ray tetra (Pristella maxillaris)
Saltwater fish beginning with X
Sadly we couldn’t find any saltwater fish for the letter X, but if you know of any, then please do comment below, we’d love to have our lists as complete as possible.